Saturday, September 29, 2007

Frederic's Out of His Indentures!

No real reason for the title other than I'm listening to "Pour O Pour the Pirate Sherry".


Just a note about my last rant just a couple little APBT facts:
  • Stubby, the first American War Dog, was a Pit Bull
  • APBT are one of the most stable people-friendly dogs in existence, they pasted a test put on by the National Canine Temperament Testing Association with a 95% rating.
These are my two favorite facts but a lot more info can be found on the web if you look. My favorite site is this one.


Now lets talk opera! Mikado=Awsome. Just search it on YouTube and you should get a few video's. There is a playlist of the whole play. I don't much care for some of the remakes of the songs the full YouTube version did but it still manages to be good. Pooh-Bah is played by Jon English, who is just awsome and the guy who plays Ko-Ko (while he overacts at time) is funny and his hair rocks!


Nano talk, I have an extra story that can be written and go perfectly along with my original should it fail to meet the 50k goal. I have the generall idea and it must be outlined...next week.


My "new" dog, Duke, is learning retreiving. Its going slow, he just now seems to understand the "out" command and doesn't really seem to understand "get it" or "hold it" until after a bit of a tug game. I am trying a somewhat differnt aproach that what I've heard about, but it seems to work beter for him.
His heeling is wonderful and I plan on working on his "stays" within the week. I have also been introducing him to agility things. Very very slowly mind you and he only works on 3 obsticals tops for five minutes. He really won't go near the see-saw but I can't say I blame him and I am plenty happy with him just knowing how to do jumps, the tire jump, and my very low A-Frame.

No comments: